Sample Card Setup
1. Set up the top half of your card. Use the Pathfinder and other tools to align the objects.
2. To make the bottom half of your card, select the objects from the top of your card and make a copy of them. Reflect the copy horizontally and then reflect it vertically. Align the bottom half using the Pathfinder palette.
3. You can add things to the front of your playing cards such as images of the products you sell, facts about your business. The Army used to print playing cards that had drawings of airplanes and tanks to help soldiers learn to identify them. The possibilities are endless.
4. After your card faces are done, create the back of the card. You only need to fill one copy of your template with the back of the card.
5. If you want, you can use the back of your playing cards for marketing space. You can put your Web site, your phone number, or a short marketing blurb.
6. Face cards present a special opportunity to be creative. You can use family photos, pets, or graphics to represent the kings, queens and jacks. The jokers and the Ace of Spades are other opportunities to use your imagination.