Removing Your Image Background
Once you download and install the program, you can now start editing it. To remove the background, follow the below steps:
1. Open the image that you want to manipulate.
2. Select the background. You can do this using the Select Continuous Region (Wand) Tool or the Select Regions by Color Tool.
3. Select the area of the image that you want to make transparent. If the tool does not select the entire area that you want removed, hold down your Shift key and click around the image with your mouse. Zoom into your image to ensure that you are not selecting the foreground image.
4. Go to the Layer window, click on Layer and then click Transparency.
5. Click on Add Alpha Channel. If this is grayed out, then it means that the program automatically did it for you.
6. Go to Select Edit and click on Clear. Your background should now be transparent.
7. Save your file. If you are saving your file as a PNG file, select the Save Color Values From Transparent Pixels checkbox to ensure that your transparent background saves correctly.