Managing Firefox Toolbars
Managing toolbars in Firefox is straightforward: installing them is very easy. You can make them visible or hide them as you desire, using a fairly simple process. Uninstalling a toolbar might take a little work, but it's not very hard to do either.
To uninstall a toolbar:
1. Click on "Tools" on the main menu bar and then click "Add-Ons." The "Add-ons" window appears. Scroll until you find the tool bar you wish to uninstall.
2. Here you can choose to either disable the toolbar or uninstall it. In this case, we click the "Uninstall" button to remove the toolbar from the browser (The fact that this step shows the StumbleUpon toolbar being uninstalled does not constitute a recommendation byu the author against that toolbar: this is for educational and illustrative purposes only).
3. Answer the uninstall dialog boxes. These will look different depending on which toolbar you are uninstalling.
4. The Firefox "Add-ons" window will request that you restart Firefox to complete the process.
5. When Firefox restarts, click on "View" on the main menu and then click "Toolbars." The tool bar you just removed should now be absent from the list.
Some toolbars may not show in the "Add-ons" window in Firefox. If you can't find the toolbar you wish to uninstall, try using the Windows application uninstaller in Control Panel.
Dishonorable mention: some toolbars are malware and may not be uninstallable via either of these methods. If you have a malicious toolbar, try researching online to find information about its removal. Chances are that you're not the only one who wants to remove it.