Using Blogger - Creating Your First Post
Upon clicking the Start Blogging button, you should be brought directly to the create a post screen. If you are not at this screen, go ahead and click the Posting tab located on the top Blogger toolbar and click the New Post button from the sub menu.
Blogger instructions for creating a post:
- Enter a title for your post in the Title: text area.
- Type your post in the provided body text area.
- You can format text to be bold or italicized by using the provided editing buttons.
- You can add pictures, video, and hyperlinks to your posts by using the provided editing buttons.
- Click the post options link to expand the writing area and view more options such as reader comments and post date.
- Enter labels for your post using the appropriate area located near the bottom right of the New Post window.
- If you want to preview your post before saving or publishing, click the preview link located in the upper right hand corner of the New Post window.
- To save your post as a draft, but not publish it, click the Save Now button.
- To publish your post and make it viewable to blog readers and visitors, click the Publish Post button.