Find a New Use for Plastic
Plastic Water Bottles
1. Cut off the bottom of a plastic water bottle in such a way to form a scoop. You can use this in the garden as a way to scoop up compost or potting soil.
2. Cut off the top third of plastic water bottles and you have great planting pots. Punch a hole or two in the bottom for drainage. These make great plant starting containers.
3. Use the top portion of a water bottle as a funnel. Just turn it upside down and take off the bottle cap.
1. Hand weights: Fill half gallon plastic jugs with sand. Weigh to see how heavy the weight will be and mark container with a Sharpee pen. Hold on to the handles and lift! Make several pair of hand weights: 5 lb., 8 lb, and 10lb.
2. Make luminarias. Cut off the top below the handle. Fill 1/3 full with sand. Place a candle in the container and light. Place along a sidewalk for a pretty party night decoration.
3. Use gallon size containers to store sugar, coffee, etc.
4. Use the bottom of a gallon size milk jug to hold a toilet brush in the bathroom.
1. Use a butter container with a lid to hold spare change.
2. Butter containers with lids can be used to hold foods in lunch boxes: fruits like grapes, berries, or boiled eggs work well.
3. Make a sewing kit with a large butter tub. Place needles, thread and other sewing essential inside.