What You Will Need and Instructions
You will need to purchase two medium size bins. The cost of medium storage bins is approximately four to six dollars a piece. Normally storage bins can be found at department stores or discount centers. When purchasing make sure the bins have lids.
You will also need an electric or battery operated drill with a 1/8 inch bit.
1) Drill approximately 12 holes in the top of the first bin.
2) Then drill another twelve holes in the bottom of the first bin.
3) Find two bricks and place them about six inches apart in the bottom of the second bin.
4) Place the first bin on top of the bricks in the second bin.The bricks will help create a false bottom allowing air flow and a place for worm tea to collect.
5) Shred or tear enough newspaper to fill up the top plastic bin.
6) Tear some pieces of cord board and place in the top bin. The worms will actually feed off the newspaper and card board.
7) Get a small bucket of water. Dip your hand in the water and begin to sprinkle the water over the shredded paper and cord board. Continue until the newspaper and cord board become spongy. If you sprinkle too much water into the bin, do not panic, the holes in the bottom will be sufficient for draining out the excess water.