A cursory survey of the information on the website suggests that you would not need any programming if you’ve chosen the correct replacement remote control. The instructions over replacementremotes.com say all you will have to do is just `point and shoot’. If you’re controlling your TV, just press the TV button and you’re ready to go.
If for some reason, you can’t get hold of such a ‘point and shoot’ remote, you can get hold of a universal remote that not only works for Sanyo AV equipment but also for that of other brands. With such a remote, you can program it to work with your AV equipment by following the steps below.
1. Firstly, you would want to get the code for your Sanyo’s AV equipment – TV, VCR or DVD. You can obtain the code from the manual that came with the remote. It’s advisable to write down the code for future reference. Better still, use a transparent tape and stick the code to the back of the remote in case you need to quickly program the remote in future.
2. Turn on the equipment you wish to control and then press the Setup button on the remote. You’ll see the indicator light flashing.
3. You’re now ready to input the code for the device you wish to control. Choose the TV, VCR or DVD button on the remote.
4. While holding the device button in Step 3, enter the code you’ve obtained from the manual.
5. You can now release the device button and test whether your equipment responds by pressing the Power button on and off. If it does, go on to test the volume and other buttons according to the device you’re controlling. Follow the same steps to control another Sanyo AV device.