- slide 1 of 3
Have you lost your Sanyo remote or have a defective one? The solution to your problem is to go out and buy a Sanyo universal remote.
The first thing you would want to do is check out your original Sanyo remote model number so that you could easily locate the appropriate compatible universal remote. A good way of doing this is to visit www.replacementremotes.com .
Once you’re on the main page, select Sanyo from the Brands menu. You will then be directed to a page which lists dozens of different Sanyo remote control models. Once you’ve identified your desired model, you can then click on it. On the next page, you’ll see the replacement remote displayed (if there’s any) beside the original remote. You have the option of buying the original remote or you can choose the replacement model(s) available.
If you desire the universal remote, you’ll have to click on More Details to get further information on the replacement remote control. If you don’t fancy ordering online, you can head over to your neighborhood AV accessories store with the necessary details you've learnt from the site.
Let’s now get down to the steps on programming your Sanyo universal remote control.
- slide 2 of 3
A cursory survey of the information on the website suggests that you would not need any programming if you’ve chosen the correct replacement remote control. The instructions over replacementremotes.com say all you will have to do is just `point and shoot’. If you’re controlling your TV, just press the TV button and you’re ready to go.
If for some reason, you can’t get hold of such a ‘point and shoot’ remote, you can get hold of a universal remote that not only works for Sanyo AV equipment but also for that of other brands. With such a remote, you can program it to work with your AV equipment by following the steps below.
1. Firstly, you would want to get the code for your Sanyo’s AV equipment – TV, VCR or DVD. You can obtain the code from the manual that came with the remote. It’s advisable to write down the code for future reference. Better still, use a transparent tape and stick the code to the back of the remote in case you need to quickly program the remote in future.
2. Turn on the equipment you wish to control and then press the Setup button on the remote. You’ll see the indicator light flashing.
3. You’re now ready to input the code for the device you wish to control. Choose the TV, VCR or DVD button on the remote.
4. While holding the device button in Step 3, enter the code you’ve obtained from the manual.
5. You can now release the device button and test whether your equipment responds by pressing the Power button on and off. If it does, go on to test the volume and other buttons according to the device you’re controlling. Follow the same steps to control another Sanyo AV device.
- slide 3 of 3
Information on programming a Sanyo universal remote based on information gleaned from www.replacementremotes.com and Sanyo universal remote manual
Sanyo replacement remote screenshot by writer.