1. Make sure you have your Living Solutions Universal Remote Control ready with fresh batteries in it.
2. First of all you want to decide which device you want to control with the remote. You may want to control your TV, DVD player and VCR with it. If so, it’s advisable to start with one device first, set it up for the remote and move on to the next device.
3. Turn on the device –TV/DVD/VCR. Point the remote at it. Press the button for the device on the remote. If you’re going to control your TV, you will press the TV button on the remote.
4. Hold the button from three to five seconds and wait until the LED light comes on before releasing the button.
5. After you’ve released the device button on the remote, you would want to push the Power button on the remote. The device you’re trying to control – TV, DVD player or VCR – should now be turned on.
6. Now you want to do a little fiddling with the Channel Up or Channel Down button of the remote control. Take your time with this procedure until the device you’re trying to control powers off.
7. If you manage to power off your device, it means you’re on the right track.
8. Once your device is turned off with the help of the remote control, press the Enter button or alternatively the OK button.
9. At this stage your Living Solutions Universal Remote Control should work for the device you’ve set it up for. Point your remote control at your device and press the power button. If the setup process has gone well, you should be able to turn on your device with the remote control. You can now go on to test your volume control and so on.