Basics of GPS Satellite Surveying
In GPS Satellite Surveying, the points of observation are considered coordinated as stationary, and the collected GPS data pertains to a specific "observation session." Before we move towards the details, let us start with the significant features of GPS Satellite Surveying:
• GPS data collection is done instantly, thereby rendering a real-time solution.
• The positioning modes of operation can be either relative or absolute, involving relatively lower degrees of accuracy.
• All the measurements are usually done primarily based on PRN codes; hence, pseudo-range data processing becomes essential.
• With the application of this software, safe passage of aircraft and ships is ensured to the maximum extent.
• The measurements made on the L-band carrier wave, require special instrumentation and software associated with the traditional surveying and mapping functions.