Basic Tips for Learning to Type
Now that you know to consider your safety before beginning to type, it's time to give a few tips for people who are wanting to learn how to type.
1) The first thing you should do is load up a word processor like Microsoft Word. What this'll do is flag any possible mistakes you might make while typing. It just makes the errors easier to spot really.
2) Once a word processor is loaded up, it's time for the next step. The next step concerns looking at the keyboard. If you wish to type well, you need to learn the keyboard's layout. So, spend some time doing so.
3) After becoming familiar with the placement of the keys, start typing and go slowly. Keep your eyes focused on the keyboard while typing. Also, press the caps lock when you wish to use a capital letter and press it again once the capital letter is placed.
4) Check for any errors afterwards. If you've made any, the backspace key is delete.
5) Just rince and repeat the above until you become more familiar with the keyboard. As your familiarity with the keyboard improves, you should find that you become faster. As mentioned above though, it's again worth mentioning that you don't want to type too fast or hammer the keys. So, if you ever find yourself in some discomfort, it's best to stop (or slow down at the very least). That way, the risk of a more permanent problem occurring is lessened.
6) Eventually, when you feel you know the keyboard layout, try and type without looking at the keyboard. Not everyone can do this too well however. So don't be disheartened if you find that you can't type without looking at the keyboard.