- slide 1 of 4
Why Distance Learning?
Distance Learning (D/L) is an excellent option for students to attend any university of their choice without physically going to the campus. D/L also gives those working and busy adults a way to continue their education. Furthermore, D/L provides a convenient and flexible way to study, read, turn in assignments, do papers, etc.
Note: If you are unsure of whether distance learning is suitable for you, check out some of D/L's Pros and Cons.
- slide 2 of 4
Middle States Accreditation: Explained
Middle States Accreditation includes the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE), and the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools (MSACS). "[They provide] accreditation to universities and colleges in the Mid-Atlantic region of the U.S., as well as in a few other select locations. [Such areas include:] Pennsylvania, Delaware, New York, New Jersey, and Maryland; it also serves Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands." 
Note: To find a school with middle states accreditation, it's best to start your search at http://www.msche.org/.
- slide 3 of 4
Schools and D/L Programs with Middle States Accreditation
Schools and Programs with Middle States Accreditation have Regional Accreditation, not National Accreditation.
Here are 5 schools (accredited by MSCHE) that offer distance learning programs...
- Berkeley College Online. This is a business school that offers both Associates and Bachelor's Degrees. It offers financial aid and scholarships; and, the school is open to students worldwide. Note: Enrollments are every quarter.
- eCornell - Cornell University. This is a school ideal for students looking for an Ivy League education. The school offers many online certificates in human resources, financial management, supervisory skills as well as hospitality and foodservice management. It has financial aid and scholarships, but the school is only open to U.S. students. Note: Enrollments are every month.
- St. Joseph's College. This is a school that offers a program for students looking to excel in management: Bachelor of Science in Organizational Management degree (OMOP). The average part time tuition is $404 per credit hour (excluding other college and technology fees). In addition, the school offers online Graduate Certificates and Master's Degrees. There's financial aid and scholarships available; and, the distance learning programs are open to both U.S. and Canadian students. Note: Enrollments are every quarter.
- Strayer University. This is a well-known school that offers many degrees (i.e., certificates, associates, bachelor's, and master's) and programs in several subjects (e.g., business fields and technical studies). It has financial aid and scholarships; and, it's available to students worldwide. Note: Enrollments are every quarter.
- University of Maryland Baltimore County (UMBC). This school has available online ESL (English as a second language) training, emergency health and management degrees, information systems programs and more to offer students. It offers financial aid and scholarships; and, the school is open to both U.S. and Canadian students. Note: Enrollments are 3-times a year.
Other online schools (accredited by MSCHE), include: Bryant and Stratton College, George Washington University, Marist College, Polytechnic University, University of Maryland College Park, University of Scranton, Utica College, and Villanova University.
Note: MSCHE accredits more than 500 colleges.
Since each school offers different programs and degrees; plus financial aid and scholarships, students are encouraged to check-out each school to learn more about them (especially looking for D/L programs).
- slide 4 of 4
Sources, Useful Web Sites, and Schools
 Middle States Accreditation: http://www.guidetoonlineschools.com/accreditation/regional-accreditation#middle
Useful Web Site
Online Colleges Accredited by MSCHE: http://oedb.org/accreditation-agencies/msche
Berkeley College Online: http://berkeleycollege.edu/Online/index.htm
eCornell - Cornell University: http://www.ecornell.com/
St. Joseph's College: http://www.sju-online.com/
Strayer University: http://www.strayer.edu/online_programs
University of Maryland Baltimore County (UMBC): http://www.umbc.edu/online/