The Arbico Elite 4870 Xfire PC gaming rig is a system that can make any avid gamer weak in the knees. Just by looking at the system on the outside, the sleek silver and black casing, the beautiful flat screen monitor – it just looks cool. Plus, aside from the standard features that will make any gamer salivate, you can fully customize your 4870 just how you like it.
Not that the standard features are bad, they are pretty good compared to other Desktop PC's that aren't made specifically for gaming, which can put a strain on any normal computer. Here are the standard features that every Arbico Elite 4870 Xfire PC gaming rig comes with:
- Coolermaster Cosmos 1000 Case (an awesome black and silver case with a sleek design as pictured below)
- 512MB ATI Radeon HD (4870 x 2 graphics cards in Crossfire mode)
- Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450 CPU (overclocked to 3.6Ghz per core)
- 4GB Corsair PC5800 1066Mhz DDR2 Ram
- Gigabyte GA-X48-DQ6 Motherboard
- Creative Labs X-Fi Xtreme Gamer 7.1 Sound Card
- Cyber Acoustic 5.1 Surround Sound Speakers
- Choice of Primary Hard Drive 60GB Solid State SATA Drive OR 300GB Western Digital Velociraptor Hard Drive
- Secondary - 500GB SATA Secondary Hard Drive
- LG Blu Ray Reader / HD DVD Reader / DVD +/- RW Primary Optical Drive
- 22x Dual Layer SATA Secondary Optical Drive
- 24" Samsung SM245B Widescreen TFT
- Internal Multimedia Card Reader
- Choice of Windows XP Home OR Windows Vista Home Premium
- Xilence 750W SLI Ready PSU
- Logitech Rechargeable Wireless Keyboard & Mouse
- Power DVD & Nero
When it comes to customizing your Elite4870XFire, you can make some major changes that won't cost you much more and create a gaming rig that all of your gamer friends will be completely jealous of. Let's start out with the cases that you can choose from, there is the Coolermaster Cosmos 1000 (the awesome silver and black design), the Antec 1200 (a kick butt black casing that looks like a military machine), and the sweet Thermaltake ARMOR (a completely awesome black and blue case that allows you to see the components inside). Each of these cases are included in the price, so you can choose whichever strikes your fancy without changing the price. (Yes, I know, looks aren't everything – but they do make a difference in the “cool” factor.) I have included a picture of each below so you can see the different options that you will have with each case.
You can change your power supply, which will change your price anywhere between £14.99 and £164.99, and these include 1000W SLI Quad ready and 1500W SKI Quad ready options . But, there are a few options on some of the major components that you can't change, which is a downer on my scorecard. For instance, you can't change the processor, the motherboard, the heatskink and CPU fan, the memory, the monitor size, or the keyboard and mouse. So, some of those options kind of stink, as I love as much memory as I can get in a gaming rig and I want to have the sweet gaming keyboards that are out on the market today. At least the monitor that they offer is huge, a 24” Samsung widescreen, as I love huge monitors for gaming rigs – it makes the games look better.
Overall, there is a lot to like about this gaming rig. The Arbico Elite4870XFire will cost you between £1,701.28 and £1,999.00, (depending on how much you customize it), so you can go as high or as low as you need to go. It is now on my short list when it comes to gaming computers, and Arbico offers some other sweet gaming PC's that may make your list as well.