Removing IE 8 From Windows 7
Technically, you can't uninstall IE 8 from Windows 7, but you can bury it for a while. Just follow these simple steps:
1. Close all the open programs
2. Go the Windows Control Panel
3. Click on Uninstall a program
4. In the new window that opens, click on Turn Windows features on or off. A new window will open, showing the currently installed Windows features.
5. Deselect the checkbox beside Internet Explorer 8
6. You will get a warning alert in a new window, click on Yes
7. Click Ok on the previous window
8. You're done!
Note: As IE 8 is part of Windows 7, it will not be permanently removed from Windows 7. If you ever want to bring it back after completing the instructions above , simply follow the steps from 1 to 4 and check the box beside Internet Explorer 8. IE 8 will now immediately become available again for your use.