4. Use Windows 7 Installation Disc
If none of the above methods work for you, you can use your Windows 7 installation CD/DVD to recover your Windows 7 password. The Windows 7 installation disc can not only install the operating system on your computer but also restores the system to a previous state. If you have created a system backup image before you set your Windows 7 password, the Windows 7 installation disc can help you restore to a state when no password was set.
To restore your Windows 7 to a previous state with a Windows 7 installation disc, here are the steps you will need to take:
1. Insert the installation CD/DVD into the optical drive of your computer.
2. Turn on (or restart) your computer, and boot from the CD/DVD.
Note: You might need to configure the BIOS to boot from a CD or DVD. Read the manual that came with your motherboard, if you need help.
3. When the Windows 7 setup starts, choose your language setting, and click Next.
4. Click Repair your computer.
5. Select Restore your computer using a system image that you created earlier.
6. Click Next.
Now your system will be restored to a previous state, and you will no longer be asked for a password on Windows logon. However, the weak point of using this method is that you will also lose your documents, settings, etc that you created after creating the backup image.
It is annoying when you lose your password. But, with the Windows 7 password recovery methods above, you can recover your password and regain access to your Windows 7 operating system easily.