Enable Aero UI
Windows 7 comes with one of the best user interface features - Aero. Unfortunately, users with less than 128MB of video Ram, 1GHz CPU and 1GB of system memory can not see this feature in action.
If you have no chance to upgrade your hardware, here is a simple hack to force Windows 7 to enable Aero for you:
1. Open Windows Registry Editor
2. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\DWM
3. Right-click on the right-hand pane and create the following three DWORD entries and set value for each one:
Animations – set value to 0.
Blur – set value to 0.
UseMachineCheck – set value to 0.
4. Close Registry Editor
5. Now open the Start Menu, enter “cmd" and press Enter to open the Command Prompt.
6. Next, Enter the following commands and press Enter after each one:
Net Stop uxsms
Net Start uxsms
7. The last step is to right-click on your desktop and choose: Personalize/Windows Colors.
You’ve got the Aero interface… Enjoy!
Image Credit: www.iyogi.net