Creating a Switchboard
Let’s create our switchboard. For this example we’ll add several switchboard buttons:
- A button that opens the Asset List form in Edit mode
- A button that opens the All Assets report
- A button that opens the Contact Address List report
- A button to exit the program
Here’s how we create and add items to our switchboard:
1. Click the Switchboard Manager button we added to the quick access toolbar.
2. Access will inform you that no switchboard was found – do we want to create a new one? Click Yes.
3. The Switchboard Manager will open with a new default switchboard highlighted. Click the Edit button.
4. On the Edit Switchboard page, click New.
5. In the Edit Switchboard item page, give your switchboard button a label. In this example we’ll call it “Asset List."
6. For the Command drop down, we’ll pick Open Form in Add mode.
7. Under Form we’ll choose the Asset List.
8. Click OK (Figure 3).