The Easy Way
Before we begin look at your battery and the casing directly surrounding it. If you see an inset button labeled “Reset" (like the ASUS A6403KM), and you are sure it is for the battery only, then you can use the method with a reset. If not, then use the directions without a reset.
Without The Reset
If your laptop battery does not have a reset button, then follow these steps:
1. Turn off all of your power saver settings on your laptop. This includes your sleep mode and any auto shut offs.
2. Use your laptop, do whatever you have to do, and run the battery down. Ignore any low battery messages.
3. Your laptop is going to die, so be sure that if you are doing anything mission critical save your work.
4. Plug it in and let it get a full charge without turning it on. Not even once. Not even to check your email really quickly.
With The Reset
If you have a reset button then try these steps:
1. Interrupt the battery recharge from step four above after about 1 hour.
2. Hold your power and reset button simultaneously for about a minute, your lights should flash.
3. Turn off the device as normal and finish the charge.