- slide 1 of 2
Why a Quiz?
Human resources management is a highly specialized field that actively pursues the goal of maintaining and managing a company’s workforce. Make a mistake, and employee retention is jeopardized. Err on the other side, and executive management faces expensive suits or compliance-related fines. Understanding field-appropriate terminology is a key-factor for any HR worker’s aptitude to act as liaison between worker and employer; this quiz reinforces some of the most important terms.
- slide 2 of 2
The HR Vocabulary Challenge
- Money-zine, http://www.money-zine.com/Career-Development/Resume-Writing/Resume-Fraud/
- Nolo, http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/giving-references-former-employees-29969.html
- MIT, http://sloanreview.mit.edu/the-magazine/1991-spring/3232/breaking-the-cycle-of-failure-in-services/
- HR Folks Consulting, http://www.hrfolks.com/knowledgebank/benchmarking/hr%20benchmarking.pdf
- Department of Labor, http://www.dol.gov/dol/topic/wages/minimumwage.htm
- Career Vision, http://www.careervision.org/about/pdfs/mr_jobsatisfaction.pdf
- Harvard Business Review, http://blogs.hbr.org/goldsmith/2009/05/change_succession_planning_to.html
- Nolo, http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/illegal-reasons-firing-employees-30209.html;jsessionid=79E54903634973C3C6B26702F4953C59
- Radford University, http://maamodt.asp.radford.edu/HR%20Statistics/reasons_employees_are_absent.htm