Customizing a Microsoft Word resume template, in this case for an IT System Administrator, is one of the easiest ways for a teacher to write a functional resume which conveys their technical experience, education, qualifications, and certifications. The great thing about a template is that you have the format right there for you to just type over with your personal information using it as a model. With a template, it’s easy to follow the standard chronological resume format to inform employers what your qualifications and strengths are. The blueprint is all laid out for you in the language that people in charge of hiring you are expecting to see.
Microsoft Office Online makes it easy for you by breaking the options down into categories of free resume templates which makes resume writing so much easier. Under Entry-Level you can find your standard chronological, recent college graduate, and other functional options. Professions has specific examples for a career track such as a sales manager, social worker, or network administrator resume template, for instance. Just to give you an idea about the other two major categories: Career Moves has samples for company transfers and situations like moving from the military to the civilian world, while Academic has the models to work with for a teacher or professor on any level. It’s worth it to take a gander at all of these if you want to incorporate other ideas into your resume. You can also browse by Job Specific, Situation Specific, and Basic Resumes when you click on Resumes and Curriculum Vitae.
With this template, just type in your personal text and tweak fonts, headings and subheadings if you like. In this instance, you’ll find relevant boiler-plate language for this position. Moreover, the good thing about using Microsoft Word for this task lies in the fact that it’s an easy program to utilize and many of the procedures used in Word are already familiar to many. Just follow these simple instructions:
1) Start by accessing the template I’m referring to at Microsoft Office Online
2) Click on the title of the template (it will then appear on its own for a closer inspection), then click “Download” after which you simply agree to their user license agreement to receive the file. (You might have to install an Active X plug in for Internet Explorer if you don’t already have it.)
3) Open your now downloaded template in Word and follow the simple instructions to enter your specifics in the right category. It’s just a matter of typing over their text with your own personal information and history.
4) Manipulate the design and layout to suit the extent of information which needs to fit in a certain category (which means bulk up your strengths and qualifications accordingly).
5) Proof the document and print it. It’s always good to have a few resumes in different styles so utilize this collection of samples with that in mind.