- slide 1 of 1
Tips On Being Thrifty
If you want to try to be thriftier and start saving some extra cash, there are many simple things you can do. Being thrifty does not mean you have to be cheap, it just means you are trying to be a little smarter with your money.
- First things first, you have to try to not spend money on things that you do not need. For example, that new purse you saw in the mall that sells for $700 is not a good purchase for you if you are trying to save money. It does not mean that you can never purchase something like this again; it just means you may need to wait a little while before doing so. Instead put some money away each week or month so that you can eventually purchase that bag or another one in the future.
- When you go shopping (for things you need) try buying things that are on sale or have some special rebate or promotion. You can also start collecting coupons if you so desire. They may come in handy down the road.
- Buying in bulk is the best way to save some extra money. This way you can buy things that you need and then you will not have to worry about going out every week to get more.
- Some people cringe at the thought of ever going to a consignment store, but you can actually find many decent things in there. There are great deals on some really great designer products in consignment stores, especially in the city. So if you really want that expensive purse, you can probably find one similar to your liking at a consignment store for less than half the price.
- If you are a person that goes out to eat a few times a week, then a great way for you to start saving money would be to stop going out so often and start making dinner at home instead. There are many meals you can find online that are cheap and easy and you will save a great deal of money making them instead of going out so often.
There are lots of ways to being thrifty and you can find many books and websites for inspiration and ideas if needed. So try some ideas out and start being a little thrifty these days to help save you some extra cash.