Nokia happens to have hundreds of phone models out in the market and others keep being manufactured month after month. Before I list the codes, it is important to note that many of these Nokia secret codes may not work on specific Nokia models while others will work on all Nokia phone models. You also need to be warned that some of these Nokia secret codes may alter your phone, potentially erasing important data and configurations you had on your phone. Without making any distinction as to which codes work on which models, here is the list of secret Nokia codes and a summary of what they do. Use at your own risk!
Nokia Secret Codes
- 12345 is the default security code for your Nokia phone.
- *#06# has got to be the most common and the most standard on all Nokia phones. It reveals the phones serial or IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) number.
- *#0000# allows the Nokia phone user to access information about the phone’s firmware version, date and model number.
- *#92702689# can be used to check the life-time of your Nokia phone. Life-time is the total amount of time the device has been used to call. This code is useful in finding out if your phone is really brand new and used. This code is buggy as some models may show a secret menu with additional information like serial number, month and year of manufacture, date of purchase and date of last repair. All in all you can use these to check if your phone is new or used.
- *3001#12345# also known as the long programming code. This Nokia secret code only works on TDMA and CDMA phones and not GSM phones. With this code you can see network based information such as network strength and which cell towers it is connected to.
- *#7760# allows you to retrieve the Nokia Manufacturers code.
- *#7780# can restore factory settings on your Nokia phone.
- *#2820# Use this to view the Bluetooth device address.
- *#3370# Use to Activate Enhanced Full Rate Codec (EFR) With this your Nokia phone uses the best sound quality but reduces talk time by about 5%.
- *#3370* can be used to deactivate Enhanced Full Rate Codec.
- *#4720# Use to Activate or Deactivate Half Rate Codec this makes your Nokia phone use a lower quality sound and gain about 30% more talk Time.
- *#4720* can be used to deactivate Half Rate Codec.
- #pw+1234567890+1# is used to get the Provider Lock Status.
- #pw+1234567890+2# is used to get the Network Lock Status.
- #pw+1234567890+3# is used to get the Country Lock Status.
- #pw+1234567890+4# is used to get the SIM Card Lock Status.
- *#7328748263373738# resets security code to the default of 12345.
- *#3925538# lets you delete the contents and the code of wallet for Nokia S60.
- *#7370925538# This code resets the Wallet on Nokia S60 phones and deletes the data that is in it.
- Press and hold "0" to open the Nokia browser when on the Home screen.