- slide 1 of 1
Facebook Tutorial: How to View Chat History in Facebook?
If you use Firefox as your browser, you can view chat history Facebook logs with an add-on called the Chat History Manager. It’s a free add-on, which allows you to save your chat conversation with your friends on Facebook. As the messages are stored on your computer, and not on the server, you can view the chat record when you’re on- or off-line.
A salient feature of this Firefox add-on is that the access to your chat history is through your password. It means the chat messages you exchange with friends on Facebook remains secure.
How do you view the chat history? First, select a friend’s name from the Friends List. Next, specify how far back in chat history you’re interested in. You can, for example, view your chat log by a day, week, month or year.
A word on Firefox: If you haven’t switched to this browser yet, it may be time to do so. Why? The reason is that not only you need it to view chat history, but also that this browser is excellent with many great features. Among these are better security and speed of display.
Step-by-Step Tutorial on How to View Chat History Facebook with Firefox?
1. Start Firefox.
2. Visit the Add-ons for Firefox page for the chat history add-on at https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/12338/
5. Click Restart Firefox. The Facebook Chat History Manager installation is now complete. Also, the Tools menu of Firefox will have a new item titled Facebook Chat History Manager.
12. Click Tools > Facebook Chat History Manager > View History. The Login Chat History Manager dialog appears. TIP: Use the keyboard shortcut of Ctrl+Alt+F to quickly access the page with the options to view chat history Facebook log.
13. Type your password and click OK. The page with the option to view your chat log displays.
14. Select a friend name from the Friends List column on the left.
15. Select the chat history you wish to view by time on the right. The Facebook Chat History Manager displays the chat conversation log. NOTE: The Facebook Chat History Manager add-on begins to save chat communication after you install the add-on. Thus, you’ll be able to see the chat log only of those chat conversations you were engaged in since installing the add-on.