Environmental science integrates the sciences of ecology, physics, chemistry, biology, soil science, geology, atmospheric science and geography, among others. Therefore, the terms and words used in environmental science may be found in the vocabulary of any of these other sciences. A strong vocabulary means a clearer understanding of the overall topic.
This test will cover a variety of the most well-known words and terms as well as a few of the lesser used ones.
Environmental Science Vocab Quiz
Opps, Quiz engine needs updating…
- Stanford University: Environmental Ethics – http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/ethics-environmental/
- Mincer, S., AOL Energy: DOE Backs Thin Flexible Solar Panels – http://energy.aol.com/2011/08/22/doe-backs-thin-flexible-solar-panels/
- US Geological Survey:Thirsty? How 'bout a cool, refreshing cup of seawater? – http://ga.water.usgs.gov/edu/drinkseawater.html
- Union of Concerned Scientists: How Geothermal Energy Works – http://www.ucsusa.org/clean_energy/technology_and_impacts/energy_technologies/how-geothermal-energy-works.html
- US Department of Agriculture: Invasive Species – http://www.invasivespeciesinfo.gov/toolkit/controlmech.shtml
- EPA: Acid Rain – http://epa.gov/acidrain/index.html
- Grohol, J., Psych Central: The Tragedy of the Commons – http://psychcentral.com/blog/archives/2009/07/29/the-tragedy-of-the-commons/
- US Geological Survey: Desertification – http://pubs.usgs.gov/gip/deserts/desertification/