- slide 1 of 4
University Veterinary Continuing Education Online Courses
Opportunities to earn continuing education (CEs) credit hours are available online from fully accredited universities with a Department of Veterinary Medicine on campus.
Online classes in the form of modules at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign are:
- Pain Management (5 modules, earns 5 CEs, for $1600)
- Ophthalmology ( 10 modules, earns 10.15 CEs, for $300)
- Clinical Small Animal Dentistry (10 modules, earns 13.5 CEs, for $350)
- Diagnostic Imaging ( 6 modules, earns 14.5 CEs, for $300)
- Cytology (1 module for $30)
These are a few of the online veterinary continuing education courses provided by Colorado State University's Veterinary Department:
- Poisonous Plants
- Health Management of Swine Courses
- Principles of Surgical Oncology
- Canine Elimination Problems
Each 1-credit CE course costs $50 and 2-credit CE courses are $80.
- slide 2 of 4
Veterinary Information Network (VIN)
The Veterinary Information Network (VIN) offers to members, as well as non-members, online veterinary continuing education courses earning CEs in these online courses taught by Veterinary Specialists.
- OHSA & Practice Safety (15 CEs)
- Veterinary Dental Techniques (various levels of studies)
- Quality Management for the Veterinary Clinical Pathology Lab (10.5 CEs)
- Practical Avian Medicine (4 CEs)
- Treating the Diabetic Cat & Dog ( 2 CEs)
As you take online courses for your veterinary continuing education, you enjoy the convenience of studying in real-time, interactive or conferencing formats.
- slide 3 of 4
Vet Med Team
The Vet Med Team, a resource of online veterinary continuing education for the veterinary assistant, office staff, technician and veterinarian, provides self-paced courses of studies in:
- Veterinary Technician Exam Review (earns 15 CEs for $90)
- Marketing: Building Your Client Base (earns 5 CEs for $88)
- OSHA: The Safety Office (earns 15 CEs for $161)
- Basic Principles of Hematology ( earns 15 CEs for $ 161)
- HR: Employee Files & Handbook (earns 5 CEs for $88)
- Developing Puppy & Kitten Kindergarten ( earns 8 CEs for $ 88)
- Advanced Concepts in Veterinary Anesthesia ( earns 25 CEs for $ 198)
- Finance: Hospital Performance Measures & Benchmarks ( earns 5 CEs for $88)
- Basic Principles of Endocrinology (earns 10 CEs for $88)
- Advanced Concepts in Thoracic Radiology (earns 20 CEs for $ 161)
- Basic Principles of Surgical Assisting (earns 15 CEs for $ 145)
Upon completion, a certificate will be awarded by the Registry of Approved Continuing Education (RACE) or the Veterinary Hospital Manager's Association (VHMA) depending on the courses taken.
- slide 4 of 4