Main job of our digestive system is to process the food into simpler substances that can be easily absorbed and utilized by our body cells. But when some undesired event takes place in this normal process and any part is not able to function properly it results in some kind of disorder. A large number of digestive disorders such as diarrhea, constipation, heartburn, ulcers etc occur due to malfunctioning of the digestive organs. Some of the common digestive system disorders are discussed below:
1) Diarrhea: Passage of watery stool with increased frequency in relation with normal amount is called as diarrhea. It may be the result of bacterial or viral infection. Affected individual may experience pain and fullness in the abdomen, urgent need to use the washroom, weakness, nausea and sometime blood in the stools.
2) Heartburn:- It is experienced by every individual in his/her lifetime. In heartburn person feels uneasiness or burning in the chest rising upwards. It results due to acid in the stomach that rises upwards and causes pain and sensation of burning. Common foods causing heartburn are cigarettes, tea, coffee, spicy food, alcohol etc.
3) Constipation: Irregular emptying of bowels is called as constipation. It is a common problem experienced by people with sedentary lifestyle. Many children also face this problem during toilet raining. Individuals with constipation may experience abdominal pain, fullness in the stomach, straining while passing stools, anal pain etc.
4) Gas in the digestive tract: It is a common problem. An individual feels uncomfortable and embarrassing. Common foods that can cause gas include carbohydrates such as cabbage, broccoli, soft drinks, potatoes, noodles etc. With gas a person may feel heaviness or bloating of the abdomen.
5) Irritable bowel syndrome: It is a digestive system disorder in which an individual may experience constipation or diarrhea or alternate constipation and diarrhea. Person experience cramps in the abdomen, bloating and irregular bowel movements.