Have Windows Update Error: 0x800a0007? Here's Several Solutions.
Do you have the “Windows update 0x800a0007 error” on your screen? Fixing your computer is easy. This error is a common Windows Update error, and results from many possibilities.
One common cause for receiving the 0x800a0007 error involves Secure Socket Layers (SSL) with the wrong settings. It is also possible to receive this error if you are using a proxy server, or if your computer’s date and time has been set incorrectly.
One reason for the Windows 0x800a0007 update error may be how the computer connects to the Microsoft update server. If you use a proxy server, the computer will be able to block the windows update site. This is easy to adjust by changing your computer settings.
- Open Internet Explorer
- Go to tools on the menu bar and open Internet Options
- Click Connections
- Open LAN settings
- Click Use a proxy server for your LAN
- Add your Internet Service Providers’ proxy address and port settings
- Click OK to save.
It is also necessary to discuss another reason for the Windows 0x800a0007 update error. It is essential to have a valid date and time set in your computer, especially when connecting to the Windows update server.
If a computer connects to the update server to receive software patches and updates, the Windows 0x800a0007 update error can arise because either the date or time is out of sync. This can be repaired by,
- Right click on the Windows Taskbar over the date and time.
- Click Adjust Date/Time.
- The Date and Time Properties window opens.
- Enter the correct date and/or time.
- Click Apply and OK to close the window.
Enabling Secure Socket Layers
- Go to Control Panel.
- Go to Internet Options and double click.
- On the Internet Options window, go to Advanced.
- Next go to Security.
- Click Use HTTP 1.1 to repair SSL.