1) WMAP has created the first fine-resolution, full sky map of the microwave background radiation.
2) WMAP has definitively determined the age of the universe to be 13.73 billion years, give or take 120 million years.
3) WMAP has determined the curvature of the universe within 1 percent to be a 'flat' Euclidian shape.
4) Baryonic matter, or matter made of atoms like you and me, only make up 4.6 percent of the universe.
5) Dark matter, which is a mysterious form of matter not made of atoms, makes up 23.3 percent of the universe.
6) The amazing accuracy and precision of WMAP have been able to determine that dark energy makes up 72.1 percent of all energy in the universe, causing the expansion rate of the universe to speed up.
7) The Wilkinson Microwave Anisotropy Probe has started probing the very first instances of the universe, down to the first trillionth of a trillionth of a second, ruling out well-known textbook models for the first time.