Right: An artist's rendition of Ptolemy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Ptolemaeus.jpg)
1. Name: Claudius Ptolamaeus or Ptolemy
2. Birth: 90 A.D
3. Birthplace: Ptolemais Hermiou in Thebaid (a region in ancient Egypt).
4. Nationality: Roman (Egypt was under the Roman Empire).
5. Fields: Astronomy, geography, astrology and mathematics.
6. Famous Books: The Almagest (astronomy), The Geographia (geograhy) and The Apotelesmatika or Tetrabiblios (astrology).
7. Notable Contributions: A detailed geocentric model of the solar system, extensive description of the geographical condition in those times, works on harmonics and optics.
8. Named after him: Ptolemy's theorem in geometry, Ptolemy star cluster, Ptolemaeus craters on Moon and Mars.
9. Death: 168 A.D
10. Place of Death: Alexandria, Egypt.