30 Great Ideas that Work!
Here are 30 simple ideas for rewarding teams and team members. We know what gets recognized by an organization, often gets repeated. These are practical ideas that can be easily modified to fit most any organization or team situation. Use these ideas as a guideline to either supplement your existing reward and recognition ideas for work teams, or to create something brand new and exciting.
1. Organization Merchandise – Most organizations have some type of merchandise with the company logo including clothing, office supplies and luggage and teams will be proud to own or wear them.
2. Gift Certificates – This covers everything from American Express gift cards to mall gift cards that team members can use at any participating store. You could also use airline, hotel, grocery store, auto repair, or a wide range of national retail stores such as Macy’s and Nordstrom’s.
3. Days Off – No strings attached. Each team member receives a free day to use at their leisure which does not count against any personal days or vacation time.
4. Long Weekend – Give the team an extra Friday or Monday off, or attach a day off to a longer holiday weekend.
5. Flex Time – Offer an opportunity to try flex time on new projects. If it goes well, extend it on a more permanent basis.
6. Thank-You Cards – Personalized thank-you notes can be very powerful and easy to do. Have them sent from unexpected sources including senior management, vendors and customers.
7. Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner – Take the team to a local eatery or have something catered at the office. You could also supplement the occasion and allow team members to bring in some of their favorite dishes.
8. Theater / Concert / Museum Tickets – This covers a broad range of music, theater or touring museum exhibits.
9. Movie Night – Choose a local movie theater to attend or have a movie shown at the office. You could attach dinner or drinks at a local establishment to make it a dinner/movie night.
10. Local Tourist Attraction – Arrange tickets to any local attraction including amusement parks, aquariums, or well-known state and national parks.
11. Gift Baskets / Flowers / Fruit – There is a wide array of gifts that can be sent to the team and team members at the office or their home addresses.
12. Specialty Desserts / Food / Wine – Similar to gift baskets, arrange for unique food, wine, desserts, or chocolate to be sent as a one-time or ongoing event.
13. Giftware – There are literally hundreds of giftware ideas that can be sent to the team. Attempt to link the gift to the team achievement.
14. Engraved Items – Desk clocks, paper weights, and pens are some of the most common engraved items out there and are well received.
15. Plaques – These are pretty standard and inexpensive gifts, but are well appreciated by the recipients.