Managing your Time
When you work at home, it is essential you do not drop the ball on time management. If you do, you are more likely to wind up chained to your computer than your commuting colleagues. Here is a list of steps to freeing yourself from your computer:
1. Ask yourself, Monday morning, "What has to be done this week?"
2. Ask yourself, Monday morning, "What would be nice to get done this week?"
3. Ask yourself, Monday morning, "What could I go without doing this week? Can someone else do it? Can it be done later? Does it really need to be done?"
4. Schedule all answers that have a strict deadline.
5. Schedule uninterrupted work time around deadlines, errands, family obligations and other must-do's.
6. Be realistic about what you can get done in one day. If your "to-do" list is more than five items long for one day, you may need to revisit questions 1-3.