Configuring Windows Mail for Newsgroup Subscription
To configure Windows Mail and subscribe to a newsgroup:
1. Click Tools, and click Accounts.
2. Click Add.
3. Click Newsgroup Account.
4. Click Next.
5. Type your display name. Remember, this isn't your e-mail address, it's the name you want people to see when they read newsgroup posts from you.
6. Click Next.
6. Type your e-mail address.
7. Click Next.
8. Type the name of the news server given to you by your ISP. If your ISP told you to input your user name and credentials, check My news server requires me to log on. [See Image 2]
9. Click Next.
10. Type your e-mail username. This is often your e-mail address.
11. Type your password. Passwords are case sensitive.
12. If you want Windows Mail to remember your password, leave Remember Password checked.
15. Click Next.
16. Click Finish.
17. Click Close.
18. Click Show available newsgroups and turn on Communities. This choice lets you check for supported community features, including ratings, rankings, and more.
19. Wait while the newsgroups are downloaded. This needs only be done one time.
20. Under the All tab, use the scroll bar to view the available newsgroups. If you find one you want to subscribe to, click it, and click Subscribe. Here I've selected uk.sport.squash. Notice the icon next to it, this means I've chosen to subscribe to it. Repeat this step as desired.
21. Click Go To.
22. To subscribe to additional groups, click Tools, and click Newsgroups. Then repeat steps 20-21.
For a related article consider this:
Windows Mail (Vista) - Get the most from configuration settings.