Configuring Junk E-Mail Options in Windows Mail
1. In Windows Vista Mail, click Tools and click Junk E-Mail Options.
2. Make a selection. We suggest starting at Low and moving to High if necessary later.
3. Click the International tab. Click Blocked Top-Level Domain List. Then, select the countries to block. Click OK.
4. Select blocked encodings list on the international tab and select any encodings you wish to block from the list. Click "OK"
5. Click on safe senders, and add any senders that will always be trusted to the list. You may check the option, "Automatically add people I e-mail to the Safe Senders list if you wish, but this is not advisable.
6. Click on the Blocked Senders tab. If there are any email addresses that you know are junk e-mail related, add them to this list.
7. Click the Phishing tab.
8. Select Protect my Inbox from messages with potential Phishing links. Additionally, move phishing email to the Junk E-Mail folder.
9. Determine on the options tab whether or not you wish to permanently delete suspected junk e-mail instead of moving it to the Junk E-mail folder. Be careful though, this is not advised. Every once in a while, the mail filter will make a mistake and an important email will wind up being deleted. It's better to send the mails to the junk mail folder and glance over them first.
10. Click Apply then click OK.