More Businesses for new college grads
4. Consulting Agency. If you are an expert in your subject, why not open up a consultancy? Accounting, auditing, publishing, writing, programming, and marketing are a few areas in which you can provide service. You need to search opportunities locally and online.
5. Providing Computer Support. Desktop publishing, web, and graphic designing, Custom publishing, and computer servicing are all businesses that new college grads can start with minimum investment.
6. Tutoring. One of the most popular business ideas is tutoring services. There are some tutors who use the local library to provide tuitions. Starting home-based tuition centers for languages, Maths, and science will make you a business owner with flexible timings. You do not have to worry about traveling and transportation expenses. Tutor Doctor struck it big by franchising in-home tutoring jobs.
7. Promoting Tourism. With international tourism receipts growing to a whopping US$944 billion in 2008, there are emerging opportunities for globetrotters. Medical tourism and educational tourism have kept entrepreneurs wealthy by providing cheaper and faster medical procedures in Eastern Europe and India. International practicum training programs, student exchange programs, and higher studies for enhanced technological competency have created a need for educational tourism. With a bit of online research, new college grads can reach out to a world wide client base.
8. Freelancing. Pitch articles to industry publications. Offer to speak at industry meetings and events. Run a contest that links the users to your services. Call companies with a pitch to better the productivity of the employees. Offer classes to improve communication skills. Be a blogger, web designer, or an e-writer. SEO optimization or link building services are sought after by companies. Make sure your website is well-linked.
9. Tryvertising. It is a fast-emerging business where a free sample is given to hook the consumer to buy more. Tryvertising is basically advertising with marketing and feedback all built into one sales pitch. The Ritz Carlton and Mercedes Benz teamed up to provide guests at the hotel free use of the new Merc. For Carlton it is premium service, for Mercedes, it is getting the prospective buyer to test drive and see the luxurious comfort and style of a Mercedes Benz. It becomes a win-win situation. Many businesses have consumers writing reviews of how they are satisfied with a product. As an entrepreneur you can approach businesses to promote Tryvertising for a commission.
10. Starting a Repair Shop. The Statistics Canada report of 2009 shows repair shops and fast-food services weathered the recession to come out with actual sizeable profits. In a tough economy, consumers tend to refrain from major purchases by repairing products that they already have. Repair work can be done in electronics, automobiles, computers, clothing, and shoes.
Starting your own business can be profitable, if you have an organized business plan and untiring perseverance.
Holland, Joel. Sorry, But No Sale. Entrepreneur Magazine, October 2010, retrieved from http://www.entrepreneur.com/article/217322
Industry Canada at http://www.ic.gc.ca/
Top 10 Complaints about Work at Home Jobs
Executive Summary Sample Format (downloadable)
FreeDigitalPhotos, head concept, by Francesco Marino
FreeDigitalPhotos, man working, by graur razvan ionut