Ten Great Co-Branding Examples
It would be interesting to take a closer look at some of the most successful and recent co-branding examples, to find out how consumers are now enjoying the best of both brands at the best values.
1. Adidas (ADDDY) - Polar Electro and their Project Fusion. Sports apparel by Adidas that is integrated with Polar Electro's heart rate, speed and distance monitoring system, called "adiStar Fusion" and adiStar Fusion shoe, which are integrated with the Polar’s s3 Stride Sensor, The Polar WearLink transmitter and The Polar RS800 Running Computer.
2. Apple - Nike Sports Kit - This team-up is an ensemble made up of a pair of Nike+ shoes and a set of iPod nano, iPod touch, iPhone 3GS, or iPhone 4 plus the Nike + iPod Sport Kit or Sensor, that is tucked inside a specially-designed built-in pocket under the shoe insole.
3. Gillette (PG) teamed-up with the Art of Shaving to create a power razor called Fusion Chrome Collection which is compatible only with Gillette's blade cartridges.
4. Asus - Garmin and the Nüvifone new cell phones which provides location-based service. The phone also carries a “Where Am I" tracker, which gives users ionformation about their exact location at all times. Garmin operates through its subsidiaries that are into designing, developing, manufacturing, and marketing global positioning system (GPS) enabled products, as well as other forms of navigation and communication devices.
5. Dairy Queen - The Girl Scouts and the Girl Scout Tagalongs - The Thin Mint Blizzard, a special limited edition that was featured in the Tagalong product, sold more than 10 million in one month.
6. MasterCard - Virgin team-up which aims to make available a prepaid card for individuals who don’t have a bank account or for those who have low credit scores.
7. Best Western - Harley Davidson - Best Western who owns, operates and franchises a chain of hotels in the United States and internationally, furnishes Harley Davidson riding enthusiasts with an exclusive rewards program to get special treatment at their hotels including a clean wipe-down towel at check-in.
8. Benjamin Moore - Pottery Barn, the latter being a major provider of home furnishings, which it offers via website, catalog and outlets, This combined effort provides an excellent portal for consumers who are constantly seeking the latest Benjamin Moore color palettes to be used for their home improvement projects.
9. Bonne Bell - Dr. Pepper - The latter being the manufacturer of non-alcoholic beverages in the United States, Canada, Mexico, and the Caribbean, became the cosmetic company's most successful ally when they came up with Lipsmackers, a great favortie among teen girls.
10. Jack Daniel’s - T.G.I. Friday’s - An old time favorite among consumer's cobranded choices, since the companies' team-up in 1997. T.G.I. Friday’s has an entire section of its menu dedicated to Jack Daniel’s (BFA) flavored food.