Sample Professional Engineering Resume
Driving License: Current, clean
Passport: Current, British
Offshore Survival Course: Current
This section is a brief history of engineering experience relevant to the job applied for;
Time served marine engineer in Harland and Wolff Shipyard (Belfast) with subsequent seagoing experience as engineer officer. I gained overseas experience in Zambia whilst employed by NCCM Zambia as supervising engineering foreman in charge of the mechanical fitters’ maintenance team, being responsible for maintenance of the power generation boilers on the Copper Smelter. Whilst employed by British Aluminium in Scottish Highlands, I was mechanical shift engineer responsible for the maintenance of all mechanical equipment in their aluminum smelter.
I am currently employed by Kellogg, Brown and Root (KBR) as Mechanical Project Engineer at their offshore oil and gas construction yard in Scotland, where I am responsible for the initial inspection of all equipment on receipt at the yard.
I am also responsible for the preservation, installation and pre-commissioning of mechanical, piping, electrical and HVAC equipment holding this position for over 20 years.
- BSC (Hons) Environmental Studies (2005)
- City and Guilds Technical Author Diploma (1995)
- Higher National Diploma (HND) Mechanical Engineering (1977)
- City and Guilds Engineering Crafts Certificate (1966)
British Aluminum Company
1981-present: Kellogg, Brown and Root Offshore Construction Yard Scotland.
Position: Mechanical Project Engineer
- Initial inspection and preservation of all equipment on receipt at yard and installation of same.
- The creation and issuing of job-cards and job-packs (installation instructions and drawings) to team of mechanical fitters and subsequent monitoring and reporting of installation progress.
- Writing of technical documents and procedures; load testing of lifeboat davits, offshore pedestal cranes, and overhead runway beams.
1977-1981 British Aluminum, Invergordon, Scotland
Position: Shift Engineer
Duties: Responsible for the maintenance of mechanical equipment in aluminum smelter.
- Overhead cranes (40T SWL).
- LPG Gas Plant and LPG Gas Furnaces.
- Casting equipment, billet saws and stacking equipment.
1973-1977 Nchanga Consolidated Copper Mines Zambia (NCCM)
Position: Mechanical Engineering Supervisor / Foreman
Duties: Responsible for maintenance of power generation Waste Heat Boilers.
- Internal inspection and survey of water and steam drums, re-tubing Foster Wheeler water tube boilers, setting and testing of saturated and super-heater steam safety valves
- Overhaul and bench-testing of all boiler valves; overhaul of forced draught and fume extraction centrifugal fans.
1966-1973 British Merchant Navy.
Position: Senior Watch-keeping Engineer
Duties: In Full charge of ships engines and boilers.
- Overhaul of main and auxiliary diesel engines.
- Main and auxiliary boiler water testing.
1962-1966 Harland and Wolff Belfast
Position: Apprentice Marine Fitter.
- CV Library: