Sample Accounts Payable Cover Letter
October 23, 20XX
Mr. John W. Hirer
111 New Street
New York, New York 12345
RE: Accounts Payable Clerk Position
Dear Mr. Hirer:
With more than five years of solid accounting experience, I believe my qualifications are an exact fit for the accounts payable clerk position. I have expertise in the entire range of accounts payable functions and excellent hands-on skills in ACCPAC, Peachtree, and other accounting software programs that gives me a strong foundation to contribute to the success of XYZ, Inc.
Here is an overview of my key strengths that I am keen to bring to your company:
- Proven track record of exemplary performance of financial and administrative duties
- Strong experience in a broad array of accounting functions, ranging from preparing financial reports to maintaining general ledgers to remitting deductions and taxes to the relevant government agencies
- Consistently complied with the “zero-error" accounting policy of John Doe, Inc. during the last five years through attention to details and quality checks
- Outstanding ability to meet targets and to translate the notion “go the extra mile" into practice, always
- Recognized as self-learner – Gained proficiency in diverse software through self-learning, relying on manuals and on tutorials and forums on the web, saving the company thousands of dollars in training costs
Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills are among my other traits that would help me meet and exceed your position needs. These traits and my work ethics are the perfect ingredients to serve your company and further mold myself as “the person to rely on."
Thank you for your time. I will call you in the next few days to explore the possibility of an interview. It will be a great opportunity for me to explain how I can be an asset to your company. You are welcome to call me at 111-222-3333 or email me at email@example.com to discuss this position. I look forward to meeting you.
Jane M. Clerk
Your chances are higher to obtain the desired interview if you utilize this sample accounts payable cover letter if you are applying for an A/P position.
Image Credit: Image by the author.