A list of Bible verses to use in your religious graduation cards. Old and New Testament Bible verses are included.
Giving religious graduation cards with Bible verses included is a great way to show you care about the graduate's spiritual future. Finding verses that are applicable to graduation day is tricky if you're not sure where to look. The following is a list of Old and New Testament verses to make your search that much easier. Choose the best one to include in your cards, taking into account what you want to convey to the recipient.
Old Testament Bible Verses for Graduation Cards
Bible verses that remind the graduate about promises of future blessings, and encouragement not to be afraid are perfect for religious graduation cards. The Old Testament is full of them, and the following is just a short sampling of examples to use:
"The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding." (Proverbs 9:10)
- "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end." (Jeremiah 29:11)
- "Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths."(Proverbs 3:5-7)
- "Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest." (Joshua 1:9)
Knowing the personal circumstances of the graduate will help you select which of these to use. For example, if they are fearing the prospects of finding a job, then the verse in Joshua is appropriate.
New Testament Bible Verses for Graduation Cards
Graduates can find comfort and encouragement in many verses in the New Testament as well. Scriptlural truths about being hopeful, confident and bringing to remembrance the love of God are found in the following verses:
- "Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ." (Phillipians 1:6)
- "In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." (John 16:33)
- "All things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose"(Romans 8:28)
- "Thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." (1 Corinthians 15:57)
When using desktop publishing for your religious graduation cards, italicize the Bible verses. It makes the verses stand out.
Bible verses on religious graduation cards leave a lasting impression, and may influence the graduate to rely upon the Lord as they pursue life in the world. Take the time to select one that best fits the graduate you have in mind.