- slide 1 of 2
Get That Announcement to the Presses!
A free press release template is the quickest way for the small business owner or busy non-profit directors to make the document formatted the way the newspaper or other media source wants it to be in. Examples of press releases which are available in template form allow you to see the standard guidelines including the format and the headings and subheadings that should be included.
If you're not already familiar with Bright Hub's goal of providing small business owners with quick and in many cases free solutions to making many of the documents they will need to run their company from marketing materials like brochures to those utilitarian necessities like fax cover sheets, consider yourself informed. For instance, check out this helpful and comprehensive list of available templates in Business Forms: Free Templates to Manage Your Small Business.
- slide 2 of 2
Make It Happen
Here are the easy steps you should follow to access Templates Related to Writing Press Releases:
1) Start by accessing the available and free Word listing templates offered at Microsoft Office Online.
2) Browse this collection of templates and choose the best one that is geared toward your purpose with the most relevant wording related to what you want the media to announce about your organization. Check each template for the available options it has.
3) Click on the title of the template which will work the best for you (it will then appear on its own for a closer inspection), then click “Download" after which you simply agree to their user license agreement. (You might have to install an Active X plug in for Internet Explorer if you don’t already have it but if you have any problems here, the instructions to update or fix the problem pops up.)
4) Open the free template you downloaded in Word or Publisher and simply type over the text according to your purpose with your details under each relevant heading. You can upload photos with the easy instructions made available if the template you chose allows for it.
5) Insert your text with the font style and size you want, and make any other applicable changes you see fit. I would assume a newspaper is going to change the font style and size to what they normally use so I wouldn't get to hung up on this detail.
6) Proof the document, have someone else proof it and then print it.
Once you have your press release completed, the process of making one in the future is now that much easier since you can save it with all your company information already there. Good luck and be advised there are other templates resources available too which you can learn about on Bright Hub. For instance, type HP templates into our onsite search function to get the details about what they have to offer.