Here's Where you can Download and Customize a Template
These succinct directions bring you right to the Free Templates Designed for Writing Press Releases:
1) First, peruse the available options that are formatted for Word at Microsoft Office Online.
2) Look through this template collection and choose the one that most closely resembles the purpose of your own desired PR since there are a myriad of different reasons that a press release is called for.
3) Click on the name of the template you choose for a closer look because initially you won't be able to see the language used. After you have found one that suits you, just click “Download." It should then just download into Word unless you are lacking any additional software you need to make this happen. If you do need an application like Adobe Reader for instance, a dialogue box should tell you what to do.
4) Once the template is downloaded, it will appear in Word format with all those familiar Word drop down menus and toolbars that are there to help you fine tune it. Although in this case, its really just a matter of typing over the text with your own details. Upload photos or graphics if that is appropriate for your PR.
5) Make sure you proof read your work as a testament to your professionalism. Save all your work to make it easier to produce the next PR when another good opportunity presents itself. Best of luck with your submission.