Receipts for many purposes can be manufactured from the templates available from the well known application, Microsoft Word. Saving money by creating your own is a sound idea due to the economic climate and the fact that designing a receipt is really not something you need to put a lot of creative energy into. Follow the easy steps highlighted below (specific to Word 2007) to customize a bevy of receipts for you.
1) Open Microsoft Word by clicking on the icon for it in your “Start" menu on the bottom left-hand corner of your computer screen. A blank document will appear on your screen.
2) Click on the “Office Button" on the top left-hand icon of your screen. A drill down menu will appear with “New" at the top of the list. Click on “New" which will present you with a long list of template categories on the left hand side of the dialogue box.
3) Scroll down until you find “Receipts" and click on that. A new list of specific types of receipts for things such as sales, petty cash, donations and what not will appear. Investigate the options to find what you’re looking for. All of the templates will appear in miniature images for your review.
4) Peruse the options by clicking on the title or the image of the template itself. There are a good number of templates to cover the situations where you’ll need a receipt. Click on the template that best serves your needs.
5) Click on “Download" located under the template you decided upon. The template will then download for you to open up and work with in Word. Your system should automatically identify that you have a valid version of Microsoft Office.
6) From here it’s only a matter of customizing the text and tweaking the format to your specifications. If you have any questions or concerns, access the Word Help files by clicking on the question mark on the top right-hand side of your screen. Save your finished product, proof it, and then print it out. Now you will have it saved and available on your computer for easy access in the future.