If you’re looking for an easy and effective manner to create a fax cover letter than Microsoft Word can get the job done with no hassles. Follow the straightforward steps highlighted below to assist you with this desktop publishing no-brainer.
1. Open Microsoft Word by clicking on the icon for it in your “Start" menu on the bottom left-hand corner of your computer screen. A blank document will appear on your screen.
2. Click on the “Office Button" on the top left-hand icon of your screen. A drill down menu will appear with “New" at the top of the list. Click on “New" which will present you with a long list of templates on the left hand side.
3. Click on the “Installed Templates" which is the second option on the drill down menu. All of the installed templates will appear in miniature images for your review.
4. Type “fax cover letter" into the blank search box and then click “Search" or your return key. This will narrow the results to include all of the template options for fax cover sheets. All of the templates already installed on your Word program will appear.
5. Peruse the options by clicking on the title or the image of the template itself. There are a large number of templates which include different purposes and intended audiences for your fax cover sheet. Click on the template that best serves your purposes.
6. Click on “Download" located under the template you decided upon. The template will then download for you to open up and work with in Word.
7. From here it’s only a matter of customizing the text and tweaking the format to your specifications. Save your finished product and print it out. Now you will have it saved and available on your computer for easy access in the future.