How to Turn Templates Into Marketing Postcards
Here are the easy steps you should follow:
1) Start by accessing the available Word templates for marketing postcards offered at Microsoft Office Online at http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/CT101449501033.aspx?av=ZWD.
2) Browse this collection of templates and choose the one that is geared toward your purpose with the layout, design, and color scheme you want that best meets the purpose and criteria for your advertising campaign. Check each template for the available options it has.
3) Click on the title of that template (it will then appear on its own for a closer inspection), then click “Download" after which you simply agree to their user license agreement. (You might have to install an Active X plug in for Internet Explorer if you don’t already have it but if you have any problems here, the instructions to update or fix the problem pops up.)
4) Open the free template you downloaded in Word and follow the simple instructions to upload your own company logo and your company photos onto the template first, and then format the text around it. You can upload photos with the easy instructions here. Manipulate the color scheme, insert your text with the font style and size you want, and make any other applicable changes you see fit.
5) Proof the document and print it. Make sure all the contact information for your small business is prominently displayed. Suggestions for paper and other advice to make it look great are also available.
Once you have your marketing postcard complete, the process of making the next one for some future promotion is that much easier.