What to do
1. Open Recolored. A start window will appear with three options: Buy Online, Enter License Key or Try Recolored. Click the last one.
2. Open your photo (File > Open / Ctrl + O / icon on the toolbar). Save your project as a .rcl file (File > Save As).
3. Zoom in your photo by selecting the Zoom tool in the Tools bar and clicking your image one or several times. Scroll until you get a good focus on the face.
4. Select the Brush in the Tools bar and set the size to 2.
5. Pick an eye color from the Color Presets or from the Color Picker. Paint the eyes as in Fig. 1, then paint the spot in the middle with black or dark gray.
6. Choose a color for the lips and paint them as in Fig. 2. Paint all the other small details such as buttons, earrings, etc., in the same way.
7. Zoom out by selecting the Zoom tool in the Tools bar and right-clicking the image one or several times until it gets to the desired size.
8. Select the Brush tool again and change the size to 5.
9. Draw the color zones. Start with the face, go on with the hair, the clothes, etc. End with the background. (Fig. 3)
10. To see what you've achieved so far, click Colorize. The result will open in a new window. (Fig. 4) If you're pleased with the new image, you can save it. If not, close the window without saving the changes and go back to the original photo to do the necessary adjustments. You can open a result window after every change you make and save several versions of your image.