Photo Playing Card Supplies
To make photo playing cards, you will need:
- Your photos. You can use 54, or a set of 13 recycled for all the suits and then two extras for the joker cards. One idea I have used and really like was to choose one person to represent a card value (such as the queen), and use four different pictures of that person. One to coincide with each suit (queen of hearts, queen of diamonds, etc.) The step of acquiring all the photos might take the most time. I even like to make four folders titled: Hearts, Spades, Clubs, and Diamonds to add the pictures I choose to. Remember you’ll need 13 pictures for each folder. Then you can choose the two joker cards separately.
- A design for the back of your cards. I like to use generic patterns or paper textures I find online for the backs.
- Cardstock Paper (Heavy duty)
- An inkjet printer
- A computer
- Photo editing software. If you don't already own photo editing software, here's a list of free options.
- Spray adhesive (optional)
- Spray fixative (Matte or Semi-Gloss)