Make Free photo Recipe Cards
One of the simplest ways to make photo recipe cards is to produce them is dish-by-dish using your digital camera, photo editing software and a color printer or print-making services at a local photography shop.
A simple but straightforward process might be similar to the following one:
- Starting off, the recipe and a list of ingredients should be prepared digitally. It can be keyed in, hand-written of scanned as a digital image
- Then, you’ll need to shoot a sequence of the recipe as it’s being prepared. You can also film a video of the recipe steps including the pre-assembled ingredients
- Once your dish is ready to serve, shoot several digital images of the completed recipe. Be sure to arrange and garnish the dish appropriately for a set of taste-tempting digital images. Consider the cook proudly displaying the finished recipe as part of the shooting sequence as well.
- Select one or more of your best finished digital images of the completed recipe to use on your photo recipe card(s)
- Use a word processing program such as Microsoft MS Word, Word Pad, Open Office or a text file editor to paste your image onto half a blank sheet. Your recipe card can be vertical with the digital image above, embedded in, or below the recipe text or horizontal with the recipe text to the left, embedded in or right
- Paste, place or write in the recipe on the blank section of the recipe card or sheet using the copy or cut and paste commands. You can use photo editing software or special effects websites to place fancy border or add digital image effects to the photo recipe card.