Photo Ornament 2
The next way to create a photo ornament is to use an existing, clear, glass ornament, and stick a photo of your choice it in.
- Clear, round ornament
- Matte Photo Paper
- Clear-drying adhesive
- Thin brush
- Colored Sharpie
Here are the steps:
1. Remove the flange from the top, and place it aside. Clean your ornament out with a little bit of chlorine bleach to ensure that mildew won’t form.
2. Print out a favorite photo. Cut the picture until it fits inside your glass ornament.You may want to roll the picture up and stick it in the ornament before you commit to see what the best cut will be.
3. Cut out your photograph and put a little bit of the clear adhesive where you would like your photograph to go in the ornament.
4. Use the brush to position the photograph in the ornament.
5. Add more adhesive (but not too much!) to the ornament, and use the brush to paint some of this adhesive to the back of your ornament. Then spread the rest around the rest of your ornament.
6. Add glitter, and shake up your ornament.
7. Shake out any excess glitter, and replace the flange.
8. On the back of the ornament, carefully write the names and date of the picture so you’ll always remember who the people in the picture are and when it was taken.
And, your ornament is ready to be hung on the tree!