Storm Photography Shooting Tips:
When shooting images of storms or violent weather of any type, keep these storm photography shooting tips in mind.
· Consider your personal safety as paramount at all times
· Don’t take unnecessary chances during storm photography sessions
· Use foreground objects to frame the image
· Use the “rule of thirds" when possible to compose your images
· Take your storm photography images from a position of shelter or safety when it is practical to do so
· Capture dramatic effects of the storm in addition to the storm’s elements
· Use automatic lens and aperture settings, but bracket those settings both above and below the auto settings to ensure proper exposure of the storm and its elements
· Use a UV filter for better image quality and added lens protection
Remember to be safe, properly protect your equipment, but be creative in your photography of storms and violent weather.