Photography Portfolio Media to Consider
Never allow yourself to think of your “hard copy" photographic portfolio as just a collection of prints. There are, in fact, additional media you can well consider for inclusion into your photographic displays.
Consider for example:
· Photo shows and video clips on CD-ROMs and DVDs
· 35mm and other film format slides (many magazines still accept and use slides)
· Whole tear sheets of published photographs from magazines, newspapers, book pages and other print media
· Proof sheets and contact sheets from negatives
· Small products featuring your images such as key chains, mouse pads, coffee cups, pens, T-shirts, refrigerator magnets, lapel buttons, stickers, etc.
· Book covers
· CD or DVD covers and labels
· Advertising artwork
· Your photography services business card
If you have prints on small items like T-shirts, key chains, coffee mugs, lapel buttons, pens, refrigerator magnets, stickers or such, you might consider also placing your name and contact information on these and using them as a sort of “calling card" to leave with prospective clients. Don't forget about leaving a photographic traditional business card, either.