The best part of Elements is that it’s great for quick edits. If you only need to make minor touchups to your images, then use the photo editing features. For example, you can correct lens distortion and red eye by going to the Edit tab.
The main features in the Editing tab include the following:
- Add text to photos.
- Create panoramic mages.
- Put photos together to make group shots.
- Brighten up images.
To use the Quick editing features, follow the below steps:
1. Open up the program, and click on the Edit tab.
2. Select Quick at the top of the panel.
3. Click on the dropdown menu, and select the feature that you want to use.
If you want to do more than simply edits, go to the Full tab. Here you can add effects like masks, filters and cutting paths. You can convert your photos into vintage or monotone photos.
If you want to brighten an image, follow the below steps:
- Open up the photo, and go to Enhance.
- Select Adjust Brightness/Contrast.
- You'll see three eye-droppers in the Levels Dialog box. If you select black, you can change the white-black balance of the image.
- Adjust the image, and press OK to save your changes.