- slide 1 of 2
Rotating Your Photographs
The rotate menu option gives you many choices on how you’d like your photo to appear.
- 90 degrees left will turn your photo right-side up if it’s tilted to the right, and will have the top of the photo on the left side if it’s already right-side up.
- Rotate 90 degrees right will turn your photo to the right. This works well if when you took a picture with your camera you turned it in order to get the full scene in.
- 180 degrees will flip your photo upside-down or right-side up depending on how your photo is facing.
- The custom option allows you to choose the direct number of pixels you’d like to angle your photo, and the direction you want it to turn.
- slide 2 of 2
Flipping Your Photos, Layers, and Straightening
- Flip horizontal will mirror your image so that the right side becomes the left side and vice-versa.
- Flip vertical will mirror your picture so the top becomes the bottom and vice-versa.
- Free Rotate layer will make your background image into a layer (or use the layer currently selected) to give you the option of turning and moving your photo to exactly where you want it. Once you’ve finished, click the green check mark to keep the changes or the red “X" to go back to its previous state.
- Layer 90 degrees left, layer 90 degrees right, layer 180 degrees, flip layer horizontal, and flip layer vertical work the same as the above tools work, except it will only apply to your currently selected layer. This works well if you have an image more than one layer and only want to adjust one layer to face in a different direction rather than the whole image.
- Straighten and crop image is a tool that I don’t use very often because a lot of the time it doesn’t appear correctly. Photoshop will “look" at the photo and decide what it feels would be the opportune “straight" image and crop it for you.
- Straighten image also uses Photoshop’s “eyes" to view the photo and straighten it as it believes to be straight. It will not crop the image and keep all parts of the image intact.